Our time is now: who we are and where we’re going
After two decades, Ocado Group is entering an exciting new chapter in its history, while staying true to the ambitions, ideals and values that have led us to such success so far.
As true pioneers of the online grocery market, we’ve blazed a trail through an increasingly digital world, both leading and benefiting from the fast-increasing consumer shift to online shopping. At the heart of it all lies our technological know-how and unparalleled IP.
Our combined expertise and capabilities underpin the continued evolution of the Ocado Retail Limited platform, which has seen it become the biggest grocery retailer of its kind in the world. We’re now taking those same unique qualities to help our partners around the world reach similar heights, through our Ocado Solutions business.
Transforming into the Ocado of tomorrow
We’re in an exciting period of transformational change at Ocado. We’re seeing significant developments in our Solutions business, while our Retail business continues to grow as part of a new joint venture with M&S. We’re also continuing to invest in and advance the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). The increase in the value of the Company is reflected in its climb up the FTSE 100 index rankings, a significant achievement for such a young company.
As we look to the future, we see untold opportunities opening up, based on the strong foundations that our success so far has created.
- We’re transforming online grocery in the UK through our joint venture with M&S, combining Ocado Retail Limited with M&S branded food and product to form the online shopping destination of choice.
- We’re continuing to expand the number of world-leading retailers who are partnering with our Solutions business to thrive in the online marketplace.
- We’re also actively exploring a whole host of applications for our proprietary technology and game-changing expertise outside of the grocery retail world.
The uniquely flexible Ocado Smart Platform allows our partners to serve a full range of customer missions, supported by proprietary technology which is constantly evolving thanks to our growing capacity to innovate. We believe strongly that our platform will help our partners deliver a market-leading service to their customers, as the very promising initial results from our partners Groupe Casino and Sobeys have shown.
What does it mean to be a successful business in the complex, ever-changing world we operate in?
Of course the financial bottom line is important, and the profitability of Ocado Retail Limited continues to demonstrate that it’s possible to make money in online food retail. But just as there are many other facets to our business, so too are there many other metrics by which we measure our success: from sustainable initiatives to satisfied customers, from technological advances to sealed Solutions deals.
Our aim from launch was to create the best grocery shopping experience for UK retail customers, and at the core of this is our joint venture with M&S. Powered by our unique technology, we aim to deliver:
- market leading service in order accuracy, on-time delivery and ease of use
- an unrivalled range of products as fresh as it is extensive
- competitive prices and low delivery fees
Our aim is to create the best platform for retailers around the world who are looking to build winning e-commerce operations. We aim to deliver:
- solutions as an end-to-end service, with fee structures aligned to the growth of each partner
- scalable, flexible solutions that bring cost efficiencies as customers’ online retail businesses grow
Ocado Group plc Type Public limited company LSE: OCDO Industry Online shopping, software, robotics, automation Founded April 2000 Founder Jonathan Faiman
,England, UKArea served
England, Wales, Spain, France, Canada, USA, Sweden, Australia, JapanKey people Lord Rose
Services Groceries, consumer goods Revenue £2,331.8 million (2020) £(95.8) million (2020) £(69.6) million (2020) Website www .ocadogroup .com